Wednesday 11 November 2009

Front cover progress

I developed my front cover for my school magazine using the software photoshop. I didn't know much about photoshop and how it really works. I have learnt how to use the basics on photoshop and that has help me developed my image in close detail. Photoshop allows me to do lots of creativity on my photo. It makes me change specific ideas in fine details like changing the shading or painting in very close detail using zoom in. Through each of my images I have progressed right from the start of using photoshop for my images to the near completion of my cover.

1) In this image I have used close up images trying to emerge on the background image. With each of these close up images I had to make the right colour balance to try and blend in the background image. As you can see in this image I've learnt how to use the text in photoshop trying to use different fonts and use different size text. I used the red paint under the text to really make the text stands out than from other images and text. Right up to the top left hand corner I tried to use a close up image of the fortismere logo to show that it's a true magazine from Fortismere. I faded the Fortismere logo image out because it would have been to strong on the background image. I've tried different ways on photoshop and to find something that connects well with the cover.

2) The difference between the first image to this image is some parts of the frist image has been cut out. The reason I did cut out the right side of the image is because from before it was looking more like a double page poster but then I cut it slightly to make it more of a front cover format. I took out one of the close up images because the lighting contrasts between the close up and the background image were very different. The close up image was set in the dark and it didn't fit well with the sunlight of the background image. Also I couldn't find the right place to that close up image on my front cover.







3) In my third progress I tried to make it more like a magazine by putting more surrounding texts around it. I had built in three more text boxes around to show the reader what is going to be in my magazine. In this cover I have changed my title on the cover. I didn't think the Fortismere close up image would have work if I put something next to it. I didn't think it was creative enough and I don't think it fitted into the whole cover of the magazine. So I was thinking on what title name was going to be. I needed a title that could've fitted in well with the front cover. I made my title Fortizine. The reason I chose the name FORTIZINE was because I thought it was creative putting both my school name of fortismere in with magazine. So both forged together to make Fortizine, Forti(Fortismere) and zine(magazine).




4) With this image I only made some minor adjustment on my front cover. I only change the size of the font on my title. I made title bigger because I wanted the reader to actually get a clear glance of what the name of my school magazine wa called. I painted purple under the title because I thought purple and green are great colours that blended well together.










1 comment:

  1. Well done Alex - your front cover has come on brilliantly since the start of the project. Good detailed blog posts. Well done!

    ReplyDelete